This year in particular is a unique one for Alabama fans. It’s one of the rare years when you get to see both the football and men’s basketball team having some success. Typically overshadowed by Nick Saban and the big dogs, the Crimson Tide’s hoops team is making some noise this year under new coach Avery Johnson. What’s next for both teams? Take a look.
Here are six things to know:
- According to a report, Nick Saban has a new assistant coach.
- One of the nation’s top defensive ends can envision Alabama being a good fit.
- Johnson spoke about what it would be like if his team were to make the NCAA Tournament.
- If you’re still in the Valentine’s Day spirit, here’s a fun post that should make you smile.
- The state of Alabama’s best player doesn’t want to play football there.
- A breakdown of who is expected to win the national championship next season and what to think.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Who could be some of Alabama’s biggest leaders next year? 247Sports’ Charlie Potter offered his insight.
- Alabama players shared some myths about playing for Saban, AL.com’s Michael Casagrande wrote.
- Alabama has a real chance, but right now Ohio State is the favorite to win the title, Fox Sports’ Marcus Hartman wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- A story about family and football, and how to balance the two.
- Here’s an update on Peyton Manning.
- Yet despite all the news surrounding him at the moment, could broadcasting be in his future?
- Texas A&M players are ringing in the offseason with some tunes.