Yay for Friday, Alabama fans! As usual, the Crimson Tide and the SEC’s other competitive schools are involved in a recruiting tug-of-war. Other than that, there’s a coaching update and a feel-good story in today’s batch of links.
Here are six things to know:
- What do you think? Is Nick Saban worth $10 million?
- The nation’s top defensive tackle has some early interest in the Crimson Tide, and …
- The nation’s No. 1 player has an offer on the table from Saban.
- According to a report, a former Alabama coach is headed to a rival school.
- They’re enemies on the field, but an Alabama and an Auburn player are coming together for a great cause.
- Florida is still chasing Alabama’s commits.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- His first job was to mimic Deshaun Watson on the scout team in advance of the national title. Now Jalen Hurts is hoping to be Alabama’s starting quarterback in 2016, AL.com’s John Talty wrote.
- SB Nation’s Michael Bird took a look at how other programs stacked up to ‘Bama during Bear Bryant’s time in Tuscaloosa, and how they stack up to Alabama now under Saban.
The best stories around the SEC
- Perhaps no team has been more up and down than Kentucky’s hoops team. But sure enough, the Wildcats are looking like national title contenders these days.
- Legislators have cast blame on former Mizzou coach Gary Pinkel for the university’s off-the-field issues.
- Mark Richt offered a scholarship to a middle schooler. Will that hurt the eighth grader over the long haul?
- Here is a look at three SEC coaches who, for job stability purposes, need to have a good year in 2016.