It’s finally the weekend, Alabama fans! On a high from their national-championship visit to the White House, the Crimson Tide were quickly brought down back to earth Thursday when a major quarterback recruit decommitted. Nick Saban needs a new game plan — pretty quickly. Let’s see what’s up.
Here are six things to know:
- It all started Thursday morning, when Jake Fromm said he would be flipping his commitment to another SEC school.
- Here’s why.
- So where does Alabama go from here?
- Fromm decommitting wasn’t all … a top running back recruit did the same.
- Alabama has released its 2016 spring football schedule.
- Take a look at SEC Country’s preview on the offensive line.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Bama Hammer’s Chris Hale makes the case that Alabama shouldn’t go into panic mode because of these two decommitments.
- AL.com’s Michael Casagrande broke down the safeties heading into 2016.
- A lot was made about Eddie Lacy’s weight heading into the NFL offseason. What’s up with that now? AL.com’s Mark Inabinett has you covered.
The best stories around the SEC
- The SEC vs. Jim Harbaugh is back at it on Twitter.
- One SEC coach has made a request to attend Michigan’s spring practice.
- Now that the 2016 NFL Scouting Combine is in the books, here’s at look at seven SEC players who could turn heads at next year’s combine.
- The Panthers have released a former UGA star.