A-Day is fast approaching, but the Crimson Tide’s biggest concerns might be recruiting related at the moment.
Here are six things to know today:
- Nick Saban explained why two Tide quarterbacks have been impressing coaches this spring.
- Could Alabama actually play other programs in future spring games? Saban’s response might surprise you.
- Meet Gehrig Dieter, a fifth-year transfer receiver who could make an immediate impact.
- Alabama has received both good and bad news while pursuing high school quarterbacks this week.
- A five-star linebacker included both Alabama and a hated rival in his Top 10 on Thursday.
- Basketball coach Avery Johnson reportedly filled the open job on his staff Thursday by stealing from another SEC school.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- The Crimson Tide women’s golf team is looking for its fourth championship of the year this weekend. (Scout.com‘s Kirk McNair)
- A Saban-inspired Mercedes van will be featured at an Alabama auto show in the coming days. (AL.com‘s Joe Songer)
The best stories around the SEC
- Auburn might not figure out its running back situation until September.
- Arkansas announced future football and basketball games against a western school.
- Hogs coach Bret Bielema explained why he stormed out of a recruiting session.