6 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
Happy Friday, Alabama fans! One more day until game day in Starkville, Miss., where quarterback Dak Prescott and the Bulldogs are salivating at the opportunity to upset the Crimson Tide. This game is a must-win for Alabama, who can’t get too complacent despite being the favorite.
Here are 6 things to know:
- The Crimson Tide can’t sleep on Mississippi State on Saturday.
- One Alabama commit was so sure the Crimson Tide would beat LSU that he brought a teammate from Louisiana to the game with him.
- Alabama released a panoramic photo from the LSU game. Can you find yourself?
- In the event that the SEC championship game features Florida and Alabama, the Gators might give the Crimson Tide more trouble than one would assume.
- The state of Georgia’s No. 1 player has Alabama on his list, but could be leaning more toward Auburn.
- Flashy uniforms are not for Nick Saban. He has no interest in letting Nike change Alabama’s look.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Derrick Henry gets all the attention, but Saban said freshman Bo Scarbrough is beginning to learn his role, AL.com’s John Talty wrote.
- Also from Talty, updates from Saban’s weekly radio show.
- If the season were to end right now, Alabama would play Ohio State. But as AL.com’s Matt Zenitz explains, there are no guarantees at this point of the season.
- USA Today’s John Ewing used thousands of simulations and came to the conclusion that Alabama is most likely to win the national championship.
The best stories around the SEC
- Even if Alabama gets the win and Mississippi State can’t pull off the upset, Dak Prescott has still had a season for the books.
- As expected, the nation’s No. 1 point guard is headed to Kentucky.
- Ole Miss has to root against Alabama this weekend. But in an odd turn of events, it means they should root for Mississippi State.
- Briston Guidry is committed to Arkansas, but now he’s at exploring what else is out there.
- Texas A&M is suing the Indianapolis Colts for using the school’s famous “12th man” slogan.