6 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
Happy Wednesday, Alabama fans. Rivalry week is upon us, and that’s the theme as Alabama and Auburn prepare for their annual Iron Bowl clash.
Here are six things to know:
- College Football Playoff committee: Alabama hasn’t challenged Clemson for the No. 1 spot. The Tide have one loss compared to Clemson’s 11-0 record.
- Auburn responded to an Alabama player who hadn’t heard of Carl Lawson. Well, this is a new form of introduction.
- Alabama held its position in the latest College Football Playoff rankings. The Tide have been No. 2 for three consecutive weeks.
- A Tennessee offensive line prospect has childhood Alabama ties, but also likes other SEC schools. Trey Green said “it was a match made in heaven.”
- Bo Jackson said Derrick Henry is the “No. 1 choice” for the Heisman Trophy. The former Auburn star and 1985 Heisman winner said he’d like the trophy to stay in the state of Alabama.
- Here are some Alabama bowl projections after a 10-1 start: Sparty awaits. Could the Cotton Bowl or Orange Bowl be in the Tide’s future?
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- AL.com’s Michael Casagrande provided an update on Kenyan Drake and the Auburn scout-team players. Drake is 11 days removed from breaking his arm against Mississippi State.
- ESPN.com’s Greg Ostendorf and Alex Scarborough named The All-Iron Bowl team since Nick Saban arrived at Alabama. Among the standouts included were Amari Cooper, Julio Jones and Marcell Dareus.
The best stories around the SEC
- Nation’s No. 1 recruit sends incredible 329-word text message in defense of Les Miles
- Report names two intriguing coaches to replace Gary Pinkel at Missouri
- College Football Playoff rankings released: 4 SEC teams ranked in Top 25