Happy Wednesday, Alabama fans. Rivalry week is upon us, and that’s the theme as Alabama and Auburn prepare for their annual Iron Bowl clash.
Here are six things to know:
- College Football Playoff committee: Alabama hasn’t challenged Clemson for the No. 1 spot. The Tide have one loss compared to Clemson’s 11-0 record.
- Auburn responded to an Alabama player who hadn’t heard of Carl Lawson. Well, this is a new form of introduction.
- Alabama held its position in the latest College Football Playoff rankings. The Tide have been No. 2 for three consecutive weeks.
- A Tennessee offensive line prospect has childhood Alabama ties, but also likes other SEC schools. Trey Green said “it was a match made in heaven.”
- Bo Jackson said Derrick Henry is the “No. 1 choice” for the Heisman Trophy. The former Auburn star and 1985 Heisman winner said he’d like the trophy to stay in the state of Alabama.
- Here are some Alabama bowl projections after a 10-1 start: Sparty awaits. Could the Cotton Bowl or Orange Bowl be in the Tide’s future?
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- AL.com’s Michael Casagrande provided an update on Kenyan Drake and the Auburn scout-team players. Drake is 11 days removed from breaking his arm against Mississippi State.
- ESPN.com’s Greg Ostendorf and Alex Scarborough named The All-Iron Bowl team since Nick Saban arrived at Alabama. Among the standouts included were Amari Cooper, Julio Jones and Marcell Dareus.
The best stories around the SEC
- Nation’s No. 1 recruit sends incredible 329-word text message in defense of Les Miles
- Report names two intriguing coaches to replace Gary Pinkel at Missouri
- College Football Playoff rankings released: 4 SEC teams ranked in Top 25