We’re about a week away from National Signing Day, which means we’re in full-on recruiting mode here at SEC Country. Don’t miss a beat.
Here are seven things to know:
- As you know by now, it was a massive weekend for Alabama on the recruiting front. SEC Country compiled the top eight storylines all in one place here.
- Chris Black announced he’s transferring a month ago and now he’s giving one reason why.
- A highly touted tight end recruit had plans to visit Alabama this past weekend but he’s sold on going to one of Alabama’s rivals, so he canceled.
- Alabama is trying to get an Ole Miss running back to flip his commitment. The Rebels are keeping a close watch.
- A linebacker is feeling as strong as ever about his commitment to Arkansas but …
- Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt still has some work to do in terms of mending and re-developing a relationship with one four-star safety.
- Check out which school got a visit from one of the nation’s best cornerbacks.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- One of Dabo Swinney’s former teammates at Alabama has been battling ALS. Swinney recently offered his son a scholarship to play at Clemson, CBSSports’ Chip Patterson wrote.
- A slew of Super Bowl bound players have a connection to the state of Alabama one way or another. Check out this slideshow from AL.com.
- Michael Thompson is an Alabama alum, so of course the golfer took some time to talk Crimson Tide football, AL.com’s Cheryl Wray wrote.
- Fox Sports’ Bruce Feldman participated in a survey that ranked the best national championship wins over the years. See where Alabama’s 2015 title fell in the mix.
The best stories around the SEC
- The woman who accused Jameis Winston of rape will receive nearly $1 million from Florida State.
- SEC Country took a look at the incoming SEC quarterbacks and who’s likely to have the best season.
- Which coaches are the top threats to SEC coaches in terms of recruiting?
- Will Muschamp has officially filled out his coaching staff at South Carolina.
- It’ll be a big few days for Florida this upcoming weekend in recruiting.