Good morning, Alabama fans and Happy Hump Day. Nothing too crazy in today’s newsletter barring a few recruiting disappointments for the Tide. Let’s see what’s going on.
Here are seven things to know:
- First up, SEC Country’s most recent spring practice preview focuses on the running backs and what to expect now that Derrick Henry is gone.
- According to a report, Alabama has a new staffer by way of a Big Ten school.
- A kicking prospect has de-committed.
- Florida offered one of Alabama’s commits.
- And the basketball team lost a five-star commit.
- But good news here, Louisiana’s No. 1 prospect had good things to say about Alabama after a visit.
- Nick Saban and a tight end prospect who reminds some of Rob Gronkowski, spent some time talking about Alabama’s offense.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Nick Saban’s got a smooth little jump shot on the hardwood. Check it out from AL.com’s John Talty.
- Matt Zenitz took a look at how Henry and Kenyan Drake fared at the combine compared to other recent ‘Bama backs.
- Alabama will visit the White House as part of tradition national championship winners get to enjoy. But how did that tradition come about in the first place? ESPN’s Thomas Neumann took a look.
The best stories around the SEC
- According to a report, Peyton Manning still wants to play, but it might not be in the cards.
- Who’s the X-factor on Kentucky’s basketball team?
- The SEC set a conference record for attendance.