Well, that didn’t last long. A Monday full of positivity was replaced by horrible news on Tuesday morning. Get caught up below.
Here are eight things to know today:
- All-SEC offensive tackle Cam Robinson faces three charges — including one felony charge — after being found with drugs and an allegedly stolen firearm in Louisiana.
- He and his teammate, backup safety Laurence “Hootie” Jones, will likely face discipline from coach Nick Saban, who said he’s “in the process of gathering facts.” The coach also said he’s “disappointed” in his players.
- Crimson Tide players used strong words to defend and support their arrested teammates.
- Robinson’s high school coach told SEC Country that his former player is “not a thug.”
- Multiple lawyers reportedly believe Robinson’s gun charge might eventually be reduced to a misdemeanor.
- The Crimson Tide are apparently in the lead for one of the country’s best junior-college players.
- The kickoff time for Alabama-USC is now set.
- A four-star offensive tackle from Kentucky included Alabama in his latest list.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- MontgomeryAdvisor.com’s Duane Rankin reviewed the context of Alabama’s latest off-field issue.
- AL.com’s Michael Casagrande looked back at the Tide’s 2008 recruiting class, which was full of “booms and busts.”