7 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
Happy Monday, Alabama fans! Another weekend has come and gone and another win is in the Crimson Tide books. Ever since the LSU game, questions have been answered and Alabama has taken over the SEC. Start off your week with all your morning links in one place.
Here are seven things to know:
- After having no issues with Mississippi State on Saturday, Alabama stayed in Kirk Herbstreit’s top 4, holding down the No. 2 slot again in the College Football Playoff rankings.
- Check out Alabama’s report card after a dominant performance in Starkville, Miss. The Crimson Tide got some strong marks this week.
- The AP Top 25 still has ‘Bama at No. 3 after this weekend’s performance.
- Offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin was extra animated on one particular play this weekend.
- A 5-star linebacker has both Alabama and Auburn in his top 3. Florida State is the other contender.
- Check out how some Alabama alums reacted to the win against Mississippi State.
- One of the nation’s most explosive high school freshmen thinks he could be a good fit in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Running back Kenyan Drake fractured his arm and is out for a few weeks. AL.com’s Matt Zenitz addressed the ramifications of an injury like that for the Crimson Tide moving forward.
- Derrick Henry had a huge day Saturday, which has the Heisman talk surrounding him increasing. AL.com’s Michael Casagrande compared Henry’s day to those of other candidates.
- Casagrande also took a look at Alabama’s statistics and compared them to Auburn’s.
- Behind the wins and behind the scenes, there’s more to consider than just the final score in Alabama’s games, the Tuscaloosa News’ Cecil Hurt wrote.
- Sports Illustrated’s Pete Thamel questions if perhaps, Alabama is unbeatable now.
The best stories around the SEC
- SEC Country made a list of potential candidates that could replace Missouri coach Gary Pinkel.
- Peyton Manning is now the NFL’s career passing leader.
- An LSU tight end is calling out Tigers fans for not being loyal.
- Auburn-Alabama is coming up, but the Tigers aren’t allowing themselves to think about that just yet.
- LSU is in a bit of a slump, losing two games in a row. Now, Ole Miss is favored to beat them this week.