It’s the weekend, Alabama fans! One more day until game day in Tuscaloosa, Ala. If there’s one thing we’ve learned from coach Nick Saban this week, it’s to never underestimate anybody, even Charleston Southern. Saban has been quite colorful this week.
Here are seven things to know:
- It’s odd, but it seems as if teams have started to struggle quickly after losing to Alabama over the years.
- In the event that Charlie Strong doesn’t return, Texas will go after Saban, according to a report.
- There’s talk that Alabama’s offensive line coach is the leading candidate for the opening at Miami.
- After the Ole Miss loss, Saban thinks America didn’t believe his team would be where it is now, making a push toward the College Football Playoff.
- With running back Kenyan Drake out for about two weeks, Saban and the Crimson Tide need other running backs to step up and fill that void.
- Could Alabama be on upset alert against Auburn?
- Rumor has it that Nigel Warrior is leaning toward Alabama, but the 4-star safety said Thursday that all six of his top schools are equal right now.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- In an interview with CBS Sports’ Jon Solomon, Clemson coach Dabo Swinney was asked if he would ever consider coaching at Alabama, his alma mater.
- Defensive lineman Jonathan Allen has stepped up in such a big way for the Crimson Tide this year that many think he could be a first-round draft pick soon, AL.com’s Matt Zenitz wrote.
- When he walked onto the football team, Michael Nysewander was hopeful Saban would learn his name. Now the two have a strong bond, AL.com’s John Talty wrote.
- AL.com’s Michael Casagrande logged live updates from Saban’s radio show Thursday night.
- Check out this feature on defensive lineman Darren Lake from TideSports.com’s Aaron Suttles.
The best stories around the SEC
- Some of Peyton Manning’s highest moments have come on his lowest days as a player.
- Now that Gary Pinkel won’t be at the helm of Missouri’s program next year, a commit is having second thoughts.
- Connor Heyward, brother of NFL star Cameron Heyward, wants South Carolina to offer him a scholarship.
- Ole Miss linebacker Denzel Nkemdiche, who went to the hospital Monday for reasons unknown, is not in a life-threatening situation, according to the school and his family.
- A Tennessee commit scared the coaching staff when he went to look at Auburn, but he doesn’t have any plans on de-committing from the Vols.