7 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
Two more days, Alabama fans. The SEC Championship game is creeping up on us — fast. Alabama players are staying busy and the coaches are making their own headlines, too.
Here are seven things to know:
- What do some of the nation’s most recognizable college and NFL coaches all have in common? They’re part of the Nick Saban coaching tree.
- The Alabama players heard about the Kirby Smart news and some took to their Twitter accounts to share their reactions.
- Smart might not be the only one leaving the Crimson Tide for the Bulldogs. According to a report, ‘Bama’s strength and conditioning coach Scott Cochran could be going with him.
- A couple notable running backs didn’t make the finalist list for the Walter Camp Player of the Year award, but Alabama running back Derrick Henry did.
- Alright then, Paul Finebaum. Finebaum thinks it’s possible this could be Saban’s last year with the Crimson Tide.
- It’s still not known if Alabama running back Kenyan Drake will play in the SEC championship game.
- Saban got very firm with the media Wednesday: No more Kirby Smart questions.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- ESPN’s Chris Low dives into what might have happened in the College Football Playoff if a few things turned out differently.
- Watch strength and conditioning coach Cochran at practice, from AL.com’s Michael Casagrande.
- AL.com’s John Talty has the full practice report.
- More from Saban’s press conference, from the Times Daily’s Alex Byington.
The best stories around the SEC
- Mark Richt is expected to return to his alma mater and take over the Miami program.
- See how current and former Miami players reacted to the news.
- Richt already has an advantage before he even starts.
- If LSU decides to shake up its assistant coaching staff, here are some potential candidates.
- See what former Florida hoops coach Billy Donovan is up to now that he’s an NBA coach.