7 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
Happy Hump Day, Alabama fans! It feels a little weird knowing that Alabama isn’t preparing for a game this week, but the end of the month will be here before we know it. In the meantime, keep yourself up to speed.
Here are 7 things to know:
- The Crimson Tide are the favorites to win the national title.
- And Derrick Henry is the favorite — again — to win the Heisman.
- Alabama had 10 players receive All-SEC honors, a conference best.
- Former quarterback AJ McCarron and his wife Katherine Webb are pregnant! And it’s a boy.
- Kirby Smart heading to UGA is shaking up the recruiting trail. This 5-star linebacker said there’s “a pretty good chance” he’ll join Smart and the Bulldogs.
- A former Alabama assistant coach will join Will Muschamp’s staff at South Carolina, according to a report.
- Smart said he’s splitting time between UGA and Alabama as the Crimson Tide make their run at the national title. It’ll be interesting to see how Smart manages to juggle it all.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- All of us have been talking about Henry and his chances at the Heisman, but what are Henry’s thoughts on the whole situation? AL.com’s Matt Zenitz has you covered.
- In case you missed it from AL.com’s Michael Casagrande earlier: Henry was in bed when it was announced No. 2 Alabama will play No. 3 Michigan State in the College Football Playoff.
- Smart has been emphatic about not leaving the Crimson Tide for the Playoff. Here’s why, from AL.com’s John Talty.
- Take a look at this tweet: Henry’s high school stats.
The best stories around the SEC
- It took a little longer than expected, but Smart reached out to Georgia’s No. 1 prospect.
- A 4-star defensive tackle has narrowed his college choices down to his top 10. Seven are SEC schools.
- According to a report, a Utah State coach is headed to Missouri to join Barry Odom’s staff.
- Will Muschamp isn’t wasting any time. He visited recruits on his first day as South Carolina’s new coach.