Hump day it is, Alabama fans. Between Eddie Pineiro de-committing from the Crimson Tide on Monday and a top transfer quarterback choosing Oregon on Tuesday, it’s been a rough 36 hours for the Crimson Tide on the recruiting trail.
Here are seven things to know:
- Alabama was in his top two, but Dakota Prukop decided he’s Oregon-bound.
- Tomorrow at 7 p.m., a 4-star defensive end will choose between Alabama, LSU and Mississippi State.
- Another 4-star defensive end, Malik Herring, has released his top 8. Alabama made it.
- Clemson coach Dabo Swinney has had three different chances to go back to his ‘Bama roots throughout the years.
- FOX Sports radio host Colin Cowherd ripped Alabama and the football program on his show, calling the Crimson Tide “boring” and taking a dig at former quarterbacks now in the NFL.
- Who has your vote, Alabama running back Mark Ingram or Auburn running back Tre Mason? Vote here.
- LSU wide receiver Josh Reed or former ‘Bama quarterback AJ McCarron? Tell us what you think.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- SB Nation’s Steven Godfrey and Matt Brown did some digging to find out just how much it costs Tuscaloosa taxpayers to pay for police at Alabama football games.
- AL.com’s Matt Zenitz talked to a former NFL scout about Alabama running back Derrick Henry. The scout wasn’t too optimistic about Henry as a pro prospect.
- Jeremy Pruitt is a solid fit for Saban’s staff, Pruitt’s former boss explained to AL.com’s John Talty.
- When they’re not anchoring Alabama’s powerhouse defense, A’Shawn Robinson and Dalvin Tomlinson could be found wrestling each other in the locker room last week. Who won? Check out the story from the Tuscaloosa News’ Ben Jones.
The best stories around the SEC
- Jacob Eason will be a true freshman for UGA in the fall. Should Kirby Smart bite the bullet and go ahead and make Eason the immediate starter? Yes.
- Ole Miss defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche made national headlines when he fell from an Atlanta hotel. Nkemdiche has now released a statement regarding the incident.
- A day after he de-committed from the Tide, Pineiro — as expected — became a Florida Gator.
- That wasn’t the only good news Florida got Tuesday. Feleipe Franks, a 4-star quarterback, signed the paperwork so he can officially enroll at Florida in January.
- Who will be the SEC head coaches in 2025?