Something strange happened with Alabama on Tuesday: Derrick Henry lost an award. Weird, right? Let’s get to it.
Here are seven things to know:
- Henry won the Heisman Trophy, but it was his runner-up, Christian McCaffrey, who took home AP Player of the Year honors.
- At most, Alabama quarterback Jake Coker has two more games left in his college career. One NFL scout thinks Coker can be more successful in the NFL than he has been in college.
- Four-star running back/inside linebacker Devin White has Alabama on his radar, but it looks as if LSU might win him over.
- Speaking of recruiting, here are five top recruits that ‘Bama will have to battle for between now and National Signing Day.
- We’re down to the Sweet 16, time to vote again. Bo Jackson or Amari Cooper?
- Henry or Darren McFadden?
- Finally, Tim Tebow or Trent Richardson?
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- In a mere eight days, Alabama and Michigan State will meet in the Cotton Bowl. How did each team get there? ESPN’s Brett Forrest and David Fleming took an in depth look.
- One of the biggest pieces of Alabama’s journey this year has been its defense. More specifically, it’s defensive line, ESPN’s Alex Scarborough wrote.
- Much of what Nick Saban brings to his program he has taken from a psychiatry professor — at Michigan State, AL.com’s Michael Casagrande wrote.
- Alabama practiced for the final time in Alabama before the team heads to Dallas. Get the full report, also from Zenitz.
- From AL.com’s Matt Zenitz: A look at Alabama football’s finances and where Forbes has the Crimson Tide on its list of “most valuable” college football programs.
The best stories around the SEC
- It’s been a rough day for Missouri on the recruiting trail. The Tigers lost two commits in the same day.
- Ole Miss defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche made national headlines when he fell from a hotel room and was charged with possession of marijuana. That easily could affect his draft stock.
- Robert’s older brother, Denzel, was hospitalized Monday.
- Kentucky coach John Calipari has been doing a lot of reflection lately, so he shared what’s running through his mind on Twitter.
- LSU’s Leonard Fournette says football kept him on the right path.
NEXT NFL scout on Jake Coker: “I think he can be a better pro than college quarterback”