It’s the weekend, and it’s a big one for Alabama. The Crimson Tide are in full swing trying to sway recruits their way leading up to the big day — National Signing Day on Feb. 3. Don’t be in the dark with what’s going on in Tuscaloosa!
Here are seven things to know:
- Five-star defensive end Brian Burns will visit Alabama next weekend.
- Alabama is hard at work trying to flip a commit at another SEC school.
- Do you ever wonder what it would be like if Rich Rodriguez had accepted the Alabama coaching job a decade ago?
- Landon Dickerson is ready to play college football, but there’s one major accomplishment off the field he wants to achieve first.
- Check out where Derrick Henry stands in the latest mock drafts.
- Chip Kelly visited Nick Saban recently. See what the now San Francisco 49ers coach said about that visit here.
- A jack of all trades: One of Alabama’s football players is also playing another varsity sport for the Crimson Tide.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Jake Coker is a senior which means it’s time for a new Alabama quarterback. Alabama is feeling confident about his replacement, AL.com’s Matt Zenitz wrote.
- Zenitz also wrote that Alabama’s kicker contemplated leaving for the NFL draft before ultimately deciding to stay in school.
- Get the full recruiting update from SB Nation.
The best stories around the SEC
- Gary Pinkel has a new job with Missouri.
- According to a report, an Arkansas assistant coach is leaving the program.
- Kentucky has won at Arkansas in basketball for the first time since 2009.
- One Tennessee commit has picked up a new off-the-field hobby.
- Could a Mississippi State coach be leaving for the Tennessee Titans?