We’re another week closer to the beginning of football season. Based on our calculations, Alabama vs. USC is now 109 days away.
Here are eight things to know today:
- Alabama is a heavy favorite over Auburn in the 2016 Iron Bowl. Check out Las Vegas’ latest projections.
- One of Nick Saban’s football players achieved something special for Alabama’s track-and-field team this weekend.
- Former Tide running back Derrick Henry had some troubled with a basic drill in Tennessee Titans camp, and a reporter got video evidence.
- Avery Johnson’s basketball squad added a 6-foot-10 transfer from a prominent Big Ten school.
- A former Crimson Tide player scored another victory in his new career: mixed martial arts fighting.
- A 15-year-old super prospect decided to renege on his commitment to Alabama and re-open his recruitment.
- Former SEC football announcer Tim Brando did some Saban-esque dance moves at his daughter’s wedding over the weekend.
- Charles Barkley is an Auburn alum, so it’s no surprise he had some critical things to say about the Alabama fanbase.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- The Alabama baseball team swept Arkansas with a win over the Razorbacks on Sunday (BamaHammer.com‘s Chris Hale).
- Different sports book, same story: Alabama is still a heavy favorite over USC in September (ESPN.com‘s David Purdue).