8 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
Good morning, Alabama fans! It should be an easy, stress-free week for the Crimson Tide, who should have no issues beating Charleston Southern on Saturday. Then it’s on to Auburn and more than likely the SEC Championship game.
Here are eight things to know:
- Things have changed extremely quickly. Now all the buzz is around Derrick Henry winning the Heisman, not Leonard Fournette.
- An Alabama commit brought his family along to the LSU game and everyone came away impressed.
- Alabama played a large role in this week’s SEC Revelations.
- Start making plans. Alabama will kick off with Auburn at 3:30 p.m. ET on Nov. 28, the SEC announced Monday.
- Speaking of that game, the Crimson Tide are considered the heavy favorite.
- Senior running back Kenyan Drake fractured his right arm against Mississippi State but the Crimson Tide think he will be back for the postseason.
- Alabama’s defense is already top-notch. And with each passing day it’s getting better and better.
- The Crimson Tide are reaching out to a 4-star Southern Cal commit.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Alabama is the team picked most likely to win the championship, ESPN’s David Purdum wrote.
- Want to relive the Crimson Tide’s victory over Mississippi State this past weekend? AL.com’s Matt Zenitz has you covered.
- Having the bye week changed the way Cam Robinson is playing, Zenitz wrote.
- To make Alabama competitive this year on the basketball court, head coach Avery Johnson made sure the schedule had some big names on it, the Times Daily’s Alex Byington wrote.
- Check out this tweet from Mississippi State athletic director Scott Stricklin. Both Alabama and Ole Miss sent flowers to pay their condolences for the death of MSU’s Keith Joseph, Jr. and his father.
The best stories around the SEC
- ESPN analyst Paul Finebaum thinks Leonard Fournette has no chance of winning the Heisman now.
- The nation’s No. 1 running back is expected to visit both Auburn and Ole Miss.
- The mother of the nation’s top player wasn’t impressed with Auburn from an academic standpoint when she originally arrived on campus. The Tigers helped change her mind.
- Florida quarterback Will Grier is fighting his year-long suspension for performance-enhancing drugs. His family has made T-shirts to back him up.
- Check out this awesome spoof video from AL.com, where SEC teams try to speed date the College Football Playoff.