Good morning, Alabama fans! Nick Saban got some news Monday, both good and bad. The good news comes on the coaching front. The bad news comes from a major recruit. Let’s get right to it.
Here are eight things to know:
- We’ll start with the good news. Strength and conditioning coach Scott Cochran said he won’t be leaving Alabama.
- Now onto the bad news for Alabama. Earlier on Monday, it was rumored that the nation’s No. 1 junior college kicker could flip his Alabama commitment to Florida. Around 9 p.m. Monday, he did indeed de-commit from the Tide via Twitter.
- A 5-star defensive tackle, and the state of Georgia’s No.1 player, is feeling really good about his official visit to ‘Bama.
- One of the nation’s hottest transfer quarterbacks has Alabama in his top 2 schools.
- The country’s No. 1 running back has his list down to his top 5 schools. Alabama is on it. He’ll make his announcement Thursday.
- Derrick Henry has been amused by the fans who are now copying his hairstyle.
- With Cincinnati Bengals starter Andy Dalton sidelined with a thumb injury, former Crimson Tide quarterback A.J. McCarron is now in charge of anchoring the Bengals.
- Cast your vote: Who’s better? Cam Newton or Shaun Alexander?
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Alabama had a shot at landing 5-star defensive lineman recruit Dexter Lawrence, but he ultimately decided on Clemson. AL.com’s Drew Champlin broke down what that means for Alabama and takes a look at other recruits to keep an eye on.
- Soon it’ll be out with the old and in with the new. But in the meantime, Kirby Smart and Jeremy Pruitt could be sharing an office at Alabama, AL.com’s John Talty wrote.
- Want to see Henry do his best Saban imitation? AL.com’s Michael Casagrande tells you how.
- Michigan State has sold out all of its tickets for the Cotton Bowl against Alabama, MLive.com’s Mike Griffith wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- The call to 911 that alerted police of Ole Miss defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche’s fall has been released.
- Arkansas offensive line coach Sam Pittman is leaving the Razorbacks for UGA. Razorbacks players reportedly showed up at his home to confront him about it.
- With Will Muschamp now the new coach at South Carolina, Auburn has named linebackers coach Lance Thompson as the interim defensive coordinator for the bowl game.
- UGA learned that yet another coach won’t be coaching in the Bulldogs’ bowl game. That’s three coaches now who will be absent.
- Jameis Winston really loves his crab legs.