It was only a few weeks ago that Alabama coach Nick Saban essentially vowed his allegiance to Alabama and the Crimson Tide, indicating that he has no desire to ever leave. Now, (no surprises here) an NFL team could have Saban on its radar, according to a report. Will the coach’s word be put to the test? It’s a big week — let’s get to it.
Here are eight things to know:
- NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport has reported that the Colts might have Saban on their radar.
- Now that Kirby Smart is in charge of UGA and Jeremy Pruitt is no longer the Bulldogs’ defensive coordinator, one recruit could become more interested in the possibility of playing there.
- He had a storied career at Alabama and now it looks like he’s poised to do the same in the NFL. Former ‘Bama receiver Amari Cooper broke an NFL record Sunday.
- UGA was hoping to land one of Georgia’s 3-star, in-state prospects, but this wide receiver is headed to Alabama.
- We all know by now that Alabama is the favorite to beat Clemson, but here’s why, from SEC Country’s point of view.
- Good news, fans: 4-star safety Nigel Warrior could be one step closer to playing at Alabama. The Crimson Tide are in his top four schools and he’s no longer interested in Auburn or Ohio State.
- One of the nation’s top defensive ends has narrowed down his offers to a group of finalists. Alabama made the cut.
- An Ole Miss wide receiver commit seems sold on keeping his commitment with the Rebels. He no longer has plans to officially visit Alabama or Auburn.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Alabama has figured out how to win football games in a handful of different ways, perhaps making the Crimson Tide even better than we think they are, ESPN’s Chris Low wrote.
- AL.com’s Michael Casagrande took a look at how Clemson and Alabama stack up statistically.
- O.J. Howard might have had a quiet few weeks, but it looks like the Alabama tight end is finding his stride again just at the right time, AL.com’s Matt Zenitz wrote.
- The talk has been all about Alabama having the edge against Clemson, but Newsday’s Greg Logan took a look at why Clemson could edge out ‘Bama.
The best stories around the SEC
- Will Muschamp is continuing to bring former Auburn assistants to South Carolina with him, according to a report.
- It might have been a down year for the SEC, but Arkansas’ coach and quarterback both weighed in on the strength of the West division.
- Texas A&M’s offensive coordinator is no longer with the program.
- Is Texas A&M’s head coach considering leaving, too? According to a report, Kevin Sumlin is interested in coaching in the NFL.
- Former LSU wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. has also set a new NFL record.
- Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel is back in the news again.