There won’t be any football for a while, but there is still plenty of news surrounding Alabama.
Here, we take a look back at some of the news surrounding the Crimson Tide from Monday.
Here are nine things to know:
- An Alabama player is fighting an eye-eating parasite.
- ESPN’s Sports Science did a feature comparing Alabama’s Derrick Henry and Ohio State’s Ezekiel Elliott.
- Is Alabama football more popular than NHL playoff games? The numbers say yes.
- A copy of Derrick Henry’s Heisman Trophy is now set up inside Alabama’s athletic facility.
- Here are three recruits who could commit to Alabama soon.
- Despite being on campus, a newly minted five-star prospect didn’t watch Alabama’s A-Day game.
- What if: A former Clemson player says things may have been different in the national championship game if he were healthy.
- Could Kenyan Drake be drafted ahead of Derrick Henry? Here a few reasons to believe it’s a possibility.
- Former Alabama running back Eddie Lacy is now in great shape.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- The Baltimore Ravens officially signed former Alabama running back Trent Richardson.
- Alabama basketball coach Avery Johnson visited the home of state’s Mr. Basketball on Monday.
The best stories from around the SEC
- The NCAA ruled that former South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore could not take an official position at his former school. Here’s his response.
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen finished the Boston Marathon.
- Coming out of the spring game, one SEC Network analyst believes Georgia quarterback Jacob Eason “might be the best passer in the SEC already.”
- A former Ole Miss star wants to get a unique pet after he earns his first NFL check.