It wasn’t a pretty day in Tuscaloosa as Nick Saban and the Alabama staff had to dismiss one of the team’s highest-rated signees in the Class of 2016. Let’s start with that big news.
Here are nine things you need to know:
- Alabama dismissed Charles Baldwin, a top 2016 signee, after only being on campus for five months.
- Now that Baldwin is out, what’s the recruiting impact for the Class of 2017?
- Alabama officially announced Karl Dunbar as its new defensive line coach.
- Three biggest questions surrounding Alabama entering the 2016 season.
- Alabama post-spring position breakdown: Tide’s receivers are among nation’s best.
- Former Alabama cornerback Cyrus Jones has signed his rookie contract with the New England Patriots.
- One five-star cornerback in the Class of 2016 said he wanted to play for Alabama, but this is why he didn’t.
- SEC Country Alabama beat writer Marq Burnett took readers’ questions on Facebook Live.
- An Alabama fan messed with Auburn legend Bo Jackson’s statue during visit to campus.
Other Alabama news around the Internet
- A look at how rare it is for Nick Saban’s sustained success (Roll ‘Bama Roll)
- Watch Alabama legend Julio Jones train with Navy Seals. (Mark Inabinett/AL.com)
The best stories around the SEC
- Ole Miss officials have reportedly verified the authenticity of explosive text messages between Laremy Tunsil and a Rebels staff member.
- The NCAA should explore one of Bret Bielema’s ideas.
- Predicting seven crucial upsets in the 2016 season.