9 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
It was a walk in the park against Charleston Southern on Saturday, Alabama fans. Now the Crimson Tide have the Iron Bowl between them and what will likely be the SEC Championship game, followed by a berth in the College Football Playoff. Enjoy your day of rest and catch up on all your news in one place.
Here are nine things to know:
- Ease into a news-heavy day by watching a video of senior wide receiver Richard Mullaney making a spectacular touchdown grab.
- Senior defensive back Cyrus Jones made sure to save one of his best performances for Senior Day.
- Star running back Derrick Henry has now tied Alabama’s single-season record for rushing touchdowns.
- See what coach Nick Saban said about the Charleston Southern game, a 56-6 beatdown.
- An Alabama linebacker was sad to see Ohio State lose to Michigan State. He was hoping to get revenge for last year’s Playoff loss.
- Remember Saban’s “s*** through a tin horn” rant? It was awesome. Georgia Southern thought so, too, so the Eagles made T-shirts.
- Saban’s peers think he’s the most prepared coach in college football.
- While Saban is riding high, LSU coach Les Miles has been taking some heat lately as the Tigers have dropped three straight. One ESPN analyst thinks the recent losses to Alabama have catalyzed it all.
- The nation’s No. 5 inside linebacker has plans to take official visits to Alabama and Florida, though most analysts think he’ll end up at Texas.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Saban made sure to carefully manage how he used Henry on Saturday, AL.com’s Michael Casagrande wrote.
- Senior linebacker Reggie Ragland was hoping Alabama would play “Dixieland Delight” over the PA system for Senior Day, but it didn’t happen, AL.com’s John Talty wrote.
- Alabama quarterback Jake Coker shared his thoughts on the upcoming Auburn matchup, Talty wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- It was an emotional day in Missouri as coach Gary Pinkel coached his final home game.
- Mississippi State and Arkansas played a thrilling one-point showdown. The Bulldogs won and their coach sang quarterback Dak Prescott’s praises.
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema, on the other hand, was left stunned and frustrated.
- After the Arkansas loss, there was a fight in the stands.
- It was a rough day for the SEC East in what should have been surefire wins.