And so it begins, Alabama fans. Today, the Crimson Tide fly to Glendale, Ariz., where they’ll make the necessary last-minute tweaks before the national championship game Monday. It’s hard to believe college football is almost over, but the finale of this season should be a good one.
Here are nine things to know:
- SEC Country broke down some film from both Clemson and Alabama as the two teams continue to prepare for each other.
- Will Derrick Henry cap off his unforgettable season with offensive MVP honors in the title game? It’s certainly possible.
- A few days ago it was discovered that since Clemson returns from winter break before Alabama does, the Tigers would be at a disadvantage with practice time, per NCAA rules. But the NCAA is now allotting Clemson extra time to be on par with Alabama.
- Dabo Swinney and M&M Hardware in Alabama go way back. That’s why the hardware guys are cheering for Clemson on Monday night.
- Lane Kiffin has been here before. He’s seen plenty of dominant defensive coordinators in his day.
- Four-star linebacker Jaquan Yulee has de-committed from Alabama.
- According to a report, former Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly has paid a visit to the Alabama staff.
- A four-star tight end is trading his official visit to Alabama for one to Michigan, but don’t worry, Alabama is still high on his list.
- It’s possible Alabama could get the nation’s top receiver to flip his commitment from Southern California.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- In the past, when the Crimson Tide have won a championship, they had much more time to prepare than they have this year, AL.com’s Kevin Scarbinsky wrote.
- It looks like Kirby Smart could be taking Alabama’s secondary coach with him to UGA. According to AL.com’s Matt Zenitz, Mel Tucker is expected to be the Bulldogs’ next defensive coordinator.
- Alabama’s defense is strong. So is Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson. Take a look at some of Watson’s stats, from the ESPN staff.
- A look at Calvin Ridley and his dominant freshman campaign, from the Tuscaloosa News’ Aaron Suttles.
- It’s just another regular week in practice for Alabama, the Times Daily’s Alex Byington wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- According to a report, Texas A&M has found a new offensive coordinator.
- South Carolina linebacker Skai Moore has decided to return for his senior season.
- LSU has finalized its final three non-conference home games for the 2018 season.
- Mississippi State’s Beniquez Brown is headed to the NFL Draft.
- Auburn has promoted Travis Williams.