National Signing Day is over, and Alabama came out on top once again.
Coach Nick Saban and his staff put together another elite class that should terrorize the SEC over the next four to five years. If you’re looking for a recap, you’ve come to the right place.
Here are nine things to know:
- Nearly nine hours passed between Alabama’s first official signing of the day and its last. Catch up on our recruiting timeline and watch the drama unfold again.
- How good was this class? Three of the four major recruiting sites gave Saban and Co. impressive scores.
- Our own Chris Kirschner followed Alabama’s recruiting process for several months. See how he graded the Tide.
- While Alabama wound up with three 5-star recruits in its final class, it missed out on the nation’s No. 1 player. As it turns out, so did the rest of the SEC.
- The Crimson Tide snagged an elite pair of in-state recruits, and they’ll likely be playing next to each other on the field.
- One of the new signees was a last-minute prospect on Alabama’s board; Saban hadn’t even seen his tape until after the national championship game.
- A verbal commitment didn’t stop one wide receiver from flipping to Georgia.
- It evened out, though; Alabama stole a recruit away from Florida’s commitment list.
- Quarterback Blake Barnett made waves on Twitter again, this time for calling out recruits who skipped over Alabama.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- What happens to the signing day baseball caps that recruits don’t pick up? AL.com’s John Talty reminded us of his entertaining 2014 feature on Wednesday.
- 4-star cornerback Nigel Knott once made an insane “off-the-wall” catch in front of a camera. AL.com’s Justin Yukanin reposted it for our enjoyment.
- There’s no ill will between Saban and UGA coach Kirby Smart, who went after many of the same recruits, according to ESPN.com‘s Alex Scarborough.