Welcome to SEC Country’s daily Alabama Crimson Tide podcast with Ryan Fowler. In this edition we talk with legendary Alabama basketball player Leon Douglas about playing for C.M. Newton.
- Leon Douglas is one of the all-time greats at Alabama. He shares some memories of playing for C.M. Newton and a must-hear conversation about playing for the Crimson Tide.
- Earlier this week we lost Newton, a legendary basketball coach and a pillar in the Tuscaloosa community. We spend this edition paying tribute to his legacy.
- Douglas shares how he made the decision to attend Alabama.
- Douglas shares several recruiting stories and what Newton told him during that process.
- Douglas talks about helping the state heal some racial divisions and some challenges that he faced.
- Douglas talks about the direction of the Alabama basketball program and shares some thoughts on Avery Johnson.
- Rarely do I share a personal note after an interview, but this conversation was so inspiring that I want to encourage you to listen to the challenges that Douglas faced and how he overcame those hurdles.
- The Alabama Crimson Tide podcast on Thursday featured John Parker Wilson talking about the transition between Mike Shula and Nick Saban.
Miss a previous edition? Find every episode of SEC Country’s daily Alabama Crimson Tide podcast right here.