BEAVERTON, Ore. — The Opening finals 2017 is underway with the main competition beginning on Saturday. For the past two days, quarterbacks, wide receivers and tight ends were competing. The rest of the players will participate on Saturday.
There is no shortage of Alabama targets and story lines this week, and SEC Country will be providing daily updates, analysis, buzz, breaking news and full rosters.
Here is what we learned on Friday with the Crimson Tide’s top targets:
- Jack Tuttle, a 4-star Utah quarterback commit, doesn’t seem like a likely option for Alabama. He appears to be 100 percent committed to the Utes.
- Xavier Williams, Alabama’s lone commitment at The Opening, is locked in with the Crimson Tide. He’s actively recruiting for Alabama and has his eyes set on Tuttle, Justin Fields and Justyn Ross.
- Luke Ford, a 4-star tight end, still has Alabama on top. Auburn, Georgia and LSU are right behind.
- Justyn Ross, a 5-star wide receiver, told SEC Country that Auburn’s wide receiver depth chart is the most appealing situation for him. That’s important because the Tigers are the Tide’s biggest competitor for the in-state target.
- Non-Opening related, but 4-star defensive end Stephon Wynn will announce his commitment at 1 p.m. ET. He’s down to Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. From what I’ve heard the past 24 hours, I believe the Crimson Tide are sitting pretty for the nation’s No. 5 defensive end, per the 247Sports composite rankings, from IMG Academy.