Who would have thought Jonathan Allen would have 2 touchdowns in the first eight games of Alabama’s season? Probably not even the Crimson Tide defensive end himself.
Yet Allen has scored twice this season after his fumble recovery touchdown in Saturday’s 33-14 win against Texas A&M, the 12th non-offensive touchdown for Alabama this year.
Somehow, Allen has just as many scores as some players whose main job is to score touchdowns.
Since Week 3, Allen has the same number of touchdowns as Stanford running back Christian McCaffrey.
TDs Scored Since Week 3
Jonathan Allen: 2
Christian McCaffrey: 2 pic.twitter.com/NldaPvtUBg
— SEC Network (@SECNetwork) October 22, 2016
Perhaps even more impressive, Allen’s 2 touchdowns equals the number of scores by some key offensive players for the entire season.
All of the following players have the same number of touchdowns as Allen this season:
- Alabama running back Damien Harris
- Alabama tight end O.J. Howard
- Baylor running back Shock Linwood
- Clemson wide receiver Ray-Ray McCloud
- Florida wide receiver Antonio Callaway
- Florida wide receiver Brandon Powell
- Houston wide receiver Linell Bonner
- Houston wide receiver Chance Allen
- LSU wide receiver Malachi Dupre
- Ole Miss wide receiver Damore’ea Stringfellow
- Washington running back Lavon Coleman