After beating Fresno State 41-10 last Saturday to improve to 2-0, the top-ranked Alabama football team turns its attention to Colorado State, the Tide’s last nonconference opponent before opening SEC play.
Alabama is a four-touchdown favorite in this one, but don’t tell Alabama coach Nick Saban or you’ll upset him.
The best thing about these types of games is Alabama will have the opportunity to rest some veterans and play young players. Don’t tell Saban that, either.
Alabama football -Colorado State football game time, details
- Time: 6 p.m. CT (7 p.m. ET)
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 16
- Location: Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Line: Alabama by 28
What channel is Alabama-Colorado State football on?
ESPN2 is televising the game.
How can I watch Alabama-Colorado State football online?
You can stream the game at WatchESPN.
How can I listen to Alabama-Colorado State football on the radio?
You can listen to the Alabama broadcast on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Eli Gold, Phil Savage and Chris Stewart on the call.
Alabama-Colorado State football preview
- Nonconference opponents: Saban owns a 47-6 record against nonconference opponents as Alabama coach, including a 30-1 mark at home. The Tide are on a 28-game home win streak against nonconference opponents since losing to Louisiana-Monroe in 2007.
- Injury updates: Saban said running back Josh Jacobs (hamstring) and linebackers Rashaan Evans (groin) and Anfernee Jennings (ankle) will be evaluated later in the week to determine if they can play. Jacobs has missed both games this season. Evans and Jennings were absent from the Fresno State game.
- Series history: Alabama and Colorado State will meet for the second time on Saturday. Alabama defeated Colorado State 31-6 on Sept. 21, 2013. Current Florida head coach Jim McElwain, who is one of Saban’s former offensive coordinators at Alabama, was the head coach at Colorado State at the time.