TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Multiple injured players for Alabama football are making progress toward returning to the field.
The Crimson Tide worked outside on the soaked practice fields. It’s been rainy all week in Tuscaloosa.
Alabama football hosts Colorado State on Saturday inside Bryant-Denny Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
What we saw
- Right guard Lester Cotton was limited during the media viewing period. At one point, Cotton walked to line up with the first-team offensive line, but was told to step back.
- With Cotton still out, Matt Womack worked at right guard with freshman Jedrick Wills at right tackle. We also saw redshirt freshman Scott Lashley take a rep at right tackle with the first-team.
- Outside linebacker Anfernee Jennings (ankle) was back with his position group, which is a positive sign. However, Jennings is still wearing a black, non-contact jersey and had a noticeable limp. It’s unclear if Jennings will play on Saturday against Colorado State.
- There was no sign of freshman linebacker Dylan Moses.
- Linebacker Rashaan Evans (groin) worked off to the side with head athletic trainer Jeff Allen for the third straight day. Evans moved fine, but is still wearing a black, non-contact jersey. It’s unclear if he’ll play Saturday.
- Running back Josh Jacobs (hamstring) continues to make progress toward returning to the field. Jacobs took some reps with the running backs and offensive line worked against a scout-team defensive line. Jacobs has missed both games this season.
- Levi Wallace is still working with the first-team defense. Wallace earned the start against Fresno State, and appears to have locked the position up. He was with the first group when Alabama worked on dime. Trevon Diggs was with the second group.
- Along with Wallace, the rest of the first-team dime unit had Anthony Averett at right corner, Ronnie Harrison and Hootie Jones at the safety spots, and Minkah Fitzpatrick and Tony Brown as the fifth and sixth defensive backs. Keith Holcombe is the lone linebacker in dime.
- Shaun Dion Hamilton lined up with the second group in dime. Don’t worry though. He’s still a starter. It just appears that Alabama prefers Holcombe in dime with the first group.
- Freshman LaBryan Ray is still working with the outside linebackers.
Watch: Player interviews
Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts
Alabama defensive lineman Da’Ron Payne