Alabama football: Jalen Hurts draws more praise as kickoff draws near
Welcome to The Rammer Jammer, SEC Country’s daily Alabama athletics recap. Today, we look at more praise for Jalen Hurts and countdowns to kickoff.
- Archie Manning is the latest of his clan to praise Jalen Hurts, who he said has “a strong arm.”
- Marq Burnett’s ninth-most important player is a hard-hitting, athletic safety.
- BamaOnline’s 24th-most important player is a promising young offensive lineman.
- What they’re saying nationally about Arkansas, from an Alabama perspective.
- RollBamaRoll broke down the film on Raekwon ‘The Chef’ Davis.
Built by Bama
• Levi Randolph will get his latest chance at an NBA contract when he plays for two teams in the NBA summer leagues. Randolph will be a temporary member of the Orlando Magic and the Minnesota Timberwolves for his third summer league. Randolph currently plays in Italy and previously played for the Boston Celtics’ D-League team, the Maine Red Claws.
• In the majors, Alex Avila went 0 for 1 at the plate as Detroit beat Kansas City, 5-3. Tommy Hunter earned the save when he pitched one no-hit inning as his Rays beat the Pirates, 4-2, in 10 innings.
Around the Capstone
The women’s basketball team finalized its out-of-conference schedule. It’s fairly manageable, with the toughest opponents being North Carolina State and Elon at the Puerto Rico Invitational.
Miss a previous edition? Find every installment of SEC Country’s daily Alabama newsletter right here.