TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama football takes a break from its SEC grind with a nonconference matchup vs. Mercer on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Alabama football is coming off a 31-24 win against Mississippi State last Saturday.
It’s Senior Day for the Crimson Tide. After this game, Alabama plays at Auburn for the Iron Bowl on Nov. 25. Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS.
Here are some injury updates and other pregame notes:
What we saw
- Anthony Averett, Anfernee Jennings and Hale Hentges are Alabama’s captains vs. Mercer.
- Alabama safety Minkah Fitzpatrick (hamstring) is out for the game on Saturday. Fitzpatrick has been dealing with a hamstring injury since the LSU contest. He’s in street clothes. This is likely Fitzpatrick’s final game in Bryant-Denny Stadium. He’s considered one of the top prospects for the 2018 NFL Draft.
- Alabama left guard Ross Pierschbacher (ankle) is out for the game. He’ll be replaced by senior J.C. Hassenauer.
- Defensive back Nigel Knott is in street clothes and on crutches.
- Mack Wilson (foot), Terrell Lewis (elbow) and Christian Miller (biceps) are all in street clothes.
- Freshman Dylan Moses took reps next to Rashaan Evans in the first-team nickel package. It looks like Moses is going to make his first career start.
- Keith Holcombe and Josh McMillon are the inside linebackers with the second group.
- Tony Brown is lined up at star with Minkah Fitzpatrick out.