Welcome to SEC Country’s daily Alabama Crimson Tide podcast with Ryan Fowler. In this edition, we talked with Baltimore Ravens general manager, Ozzie Newsome, about the value of drafting players who played at Alabama under Nick Saban.
- Newsome joins Fowler for a 1-on-1 interview to discuss Alabama football
- Newsome takes a few minutes to talk about one of his best friends and teammates at Alabama, Johnny Davis, who was recently inducted into the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame
- We ask Newsome what is next for him in his career with the Ravens. He’s stepping down from his GM role after the 2018 season
- Newsome talks about why he chose to draft Alabama players Anthony Averett and Bradley Bozeman
- What happens when a NFL team calls Nick Saban or any coach to help with scouting for the NFL draft
- Newsome provides the ultimate compliment to Alabama on the way Saban has built the program
- Newsome explains how Alabama is similar to NFL teams in its daily operations
- Newsome also talks about playing for Coach Paul “Bear” Bryant
- We ask Newsome if he ever reflects on what he has accomplished in his career. He is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame and the Pro Football Hall of Fame and one of the all-time greats at Alabama
- Our Alabama Crimson Tide podcast on Friday included Chris Landry, a college football expert, to explain some hurdles the Crimson Tide might face in 2018
Miss a previous edition? Find every episode of SEC Country’s daily Alabama Crimson Tide podcast right here.