TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama coach Nick Saban and his wife Terry continue to make a difference in the Tuscaloosa community with their Nick’s Kids Foundation.
The foundation donated a record $500,000 to 150 charities on Wednesday during its annual luncheon, pushing its total to $7 million during their time in Tuscaloosa.
“It means a lot to me,” Saban said Wednesday. “We always try look for ways to give back. It’s an example that we want to set for the community as well as our players in terms of someone that is in a position that people have a chance to look up to and maybe respect some of the things you do.”
A few of Nick’s Kids projects include:
- 16 for 16 Home Building Project with Habitat for Humanity
o NKF has sponsored the building of 16 homes in honor of the 16 National Championships that UA Football has won
- Nick’s Kids Playground along the Tuscaloosa Riverwalk
- Annual Teacher’s Excellence Awards Luncheon
o Honored 45 City of Tuscaloosa and Tuscaloosa County teachers for their dedication to educating the children in our community
- Nick’s Kids Playground at Alberta School of Performing Arts
- Major contributors to the new YMCA of Tuscaloosa
- Renovating the STTEP Building at Brewer Porch Children’s Center