TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — A severe weather threat in Tuscaloosa wasn’t going to stop Alabama football from practice.
The Crimson Tide went indoors for its seventh practice of spring. Alabama is working toward its first scrimmage which is scheduled for Saturday inside Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- Linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton continues to progress back from his knee injury. Hamilton is riding a stationary bike as well as doing light jogging on the field. The training staff is doing a good job of pushing Hamilton so he’ll be in shape when he’s cleared for contact.
- Safety Jared Mayden (hip) worked with Hamilton on the bike and during the running drills. He’s coming along fine after having hip surgery this offseason.
What we saw
- After working in the back of the line on Monday, Damien Harris led the running backs through drills on Wednesday.
- The first offensive line group had Jonah Williams at left tackle, Ross Pierschbacher at left guard, Bradley Bozeman at center, Lester Cotton at right guard and Matt Womack at right tackle. This is the group that will likely start the scrimmage. After each scrimmage is typically the best time to get a feel for the offensive line. Womack is the surprise of this group.
“I think he’s really matured. I think he kind of knows that this is his time to step up, and really prove to the coaches that he’s the guy. I think he’s really taken that to heart. You can see him — he’s in here getting treatment and getting extra film work which is nice to see. He’s really taken it to heart and knows that this is his time to step up. It’s been nice to see out of him.” — Pierschbacher on Womack.
- Scott Lashley worked at left tackle with the second group while January enrollee Alex Leatherwood lined up at right tackle with the second group.
- Ben Davis is still working with the outside linebackers while Trevon Diggs is still lining up at cornerback.
- Former Alabama left tackle Cam Robinson and cornerback Marlon Humphrey were seen at practice. Humphrey was wearing a Detroit Lions shirt.
- Alabama basketball coach Avery Johnson watched practice.
Alabama quarterback drills part 1
Alabama quarterback drills part 2
Alabama running back drills
News you need to know
- Jalen Hurts speaks on Facetiming with Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski
- Rashaan Evans, Da’Shawn Hand emerging as leaders ahead of their senior seasons
- Minkah Fitzpatrick will be the favorite for this year’s Thorpe Award
Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts
Alabama safety Ronnie Harrison
Alabama tight end Miller Forristall
Alabama offensive lineman Ross Pierschbacher
In case you missed it
Nick Saban’s Monday press conference