TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama football held its lone morning practice of fall camp on Friday.
The Crimson Tide worked outside in full pads under a light sprinkle of rain.
- Running back Najee Harris was limited for the second straight day. Harris stood next to the running backs and held two footballs, but did not participate in drills.
- Linebacker Jamey Mosley is still wearing a black, non-contact jersey. Alabama coach Nick Saban said Mosley is in the concussion protocol.
- Freshman linebacker VanDarius Cowan is still wearing a black, non-contact jersey. Saban said Cowan is dealing with a back injury from high school that recently flared up.
What we saw
- Freshman offensive lineman Kendall Randolph was spotted jogging/walking around the field. Randolph wore a regular white offensive jersey, and didn’t appear to be favoring anything while moving so we didn’t want to include it in the injury report for now.
- After seeing nickel for the first time on Thursday, we got our first look at Alabama’s dime package on Friday. Trevon Diggs lined up at left corner with Anthony Averett at right corner. Tony Brown remained at star and Ronnie Harrison held one of the safety spots. The change was Minkah Fitzpatrick slid from safety to money (sixth defensive back), which allowed Deionte Thompson to come on at safety. This is an athletic group with a lot of coverage ability.
- The second group was a little more cluttered with so many guys shadowing. Jared Mayden held down the left corner spot. Levi Wallace lined up at right corner with Nigel Knott shadowing him. Shyheim Carter filled in at star with Kyriq McDonald shadowing him. Hootie Jones lined up at money with Keaton Anderson shadowing him. Freshman Xavier McKinney worked in one safety spot with fellow freshman Daniel Wright in the other. Senior Bo Grant shadowed Wright.
Led by Calvin Ridley, Alabama's receivers work on change of direction pic.twitter.com/R9M3cFdbJi
— Marq Burnett (@Marq_Burnett) August 11, 2017