TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Even though two-a-day workouts are no longer allowed, the University of Alabama football team has kept its evening workouts on the training camp schedule, donning full pads for a practice under the lights Wednesday evening. It’ll do so twice next week.
Conditions were cloudy and humid, with the temperature 81 degrees during media viewing.
- It was the second straight day that Alabama was in full pads, having worn them for the first time during Tuesday’s indoor session.
- Freshman linebacker VanDarius Cowan remained in the black non-contact jersey on the sideline. He’s been sidelined since Saturday. Sophomore linebacker Jamey Mosley was not on the field during the observation period.
- There hasn’t been any movement on the first two units of the offensive line. The first unit remains, from left to right, Jonah Williams, Ross Pierschbacher, Bradley Bozeman, Lester Cotton and Matt Womack. The second unit was Scott Lashley, Dallas Warmack, J.C. Hassenauer, Deonte Brown and Alex Leatherwood. Of note, true freshman Jedrick Wills has been working Leatherwood at right tackle.
- Senior cornerback Anthony Averett appeared to be limited. For a drill in which the secondary was split into two groups Tony Brown and Nigel Knott led the groups. Trevor Diggs and Jared Mayden were also in the mix.
- The running backs appear to be changing up which player leads individual drills. On Tuesday it was sophomore Josh Jacobs, but Wednesday evening junior Bo Scarbrough was in front.
Alabama will practice Thursday afternoon, followed by Nick Saban addressing the media. It will hold its first closed scrimmage of training camp on Saturday.