TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama returned to the practice field on Wednesday to continue preparing for Mississippi State.
No. 1 Alabama (9-0, 6-0 SEC) hosts the Bulldogs (4-5, 2-3) on Saturday at noon ET on ESPN.
What we saw
- Running back Bo Scarbrough (knee) didn’t appear to be limited on Wednesday. After not doing much on Monday on Tuesday, Scarbrough participated in both individual and group drills during the media viewing period on Wednesday.
- Right guard Lester Cotton was limited for the second straight day. Cotton did some work during individual drills, but did not line up during group drills.
- With Cotton limited, we saw Korren Kirven working at right guard with the first-team offensive line. Kirven has spent time at guard and tackle during his time at Alabama.
- Along with Kirven, the rest of the first-team offensive line had Cam Robinson at left tackle, Ross Pierschbacher at left guard, Bradley Bozeman at center and Jonah Williams at right tackle.
- Joshua Casher worked at right guard with the second group on Wednesday after lining up with the starters on Tuesday.
- Along with Casher, the rest of the second offensive line had Matt Womack at right tackle, J.C. Hassenauer at center, Dallas Warmack at left guard and Chris Owens at left tackle.
- There was no sign of right guard Alphonse Taylor during the viewing period. There’s a chance Taylor could have been in the training room or weight room, but he was not on the field when we were out there. Taylor has missed Alabama’s last three games. He did not make the trip to LSU.
- Alabama’s dime defense remained the same as what we saw last week. Marlon Humphrey and Anthony Averett were the cornerbacks while Minkah Fitzpatrick and Hootie Jones were the safeties. Tony Brown lined up at star (fifth defensive back) with Ronnie Harrison moving down to the money position (sixth defensive back). Reuben Foster was the lone inside linebacker. Shaun Dion Hamilton shadowed him.
- Scouts from the L.A. Rams and New Orleans Saints were spotted at practice.