TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama returned to the practice field on Tuesday to continue preparing for Mississippi State.
No. 1 Alabama (9-0, 6-0 SEC) hosts the Bulldogs (4-5, 2-3) on Saturday at noon ET on ESPN.
What we saw
- Running back Bo Scarbrough (knee) was limited for the second straight day. Scarbrough participated in a few individual drills, but he was spotted walking the field with head athletic trainer Jeff Allen during group drills. Scarbrough is still wearing a brace on his right knee.
- Right guard Lester Cotton was limited. He didn’t participate in any drills during the viewing period. It’s worth noting that Cotton has been limited during the week before, but it hasn’t caused him to miss any game time.
- With Cotton out, Joshua Casher stepped in at right guard with the first-team offensive line. Casher has spent time at both center and guard during his time at Alabama.
- There was no sign of right guard Alphonse Taylor during the viewing period. There’s a chance Taylor could have been in the training room or weight room, but he was not on the field when we were out there. Taylor has missed Alabama’s last three games. He did not make the trip to LSU.
- Alabama’s nickel defense remained the same as what we saw vs. LSU. Marlon Humphrey and Anthony Averett were the cornerbacks, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Ronnie Harrison were the safeties and Tony Brown lined up at star (fifth defensive back). Reuben Foster and Shaun Dion Hamilton were the inside linebackers.
WATCH: Player interviews
Alabama safety Ronnie Harrison
Alabama Calvin Ridley
Alabama defensive lineman Dalvin Tomlinson