Nick Saban has been minting first-round NFL draft choices at Alabama since 2009. The Crimson Tide took some time to remind everyone of that success in a tweet on Sunday.
— Crimson Tide FB (@CrimsonTide_FB) April 24, 2016
Yes, 17 first-round picks in seven years.
That number will grow on Thursday, as defensive tackles Jarran Reed and A’Shawn Robinson, linebacker Reggie Ragland, center Ryan Kelly and running back Derrick Henry are all in the running to become first-round selections.
It’s interesting to note that nine of these 17 former players have been chosen as top 10 selections, and only two were chosen after pick 20. Here’s the complete list.
- OT Andre Smith (2009): No. 6 overall pick
- LB Rolando McClain (2010): No. 8 overall
- CB Kareem Jackson (2010): No. 20 overall
- DT Marcell Dareus (2011): No. 3 overall
- WR Julio Jones (2011): No. 6 overall
- OT James Carpenter (2011): No. 25 overall
- RB Mark Ingram (2011): No. 28 overall
- RB Trent Richardson (2012): No. 3 overall
- S Mark Barron (2012): No. 7 overall
- CB Dre Kirkpatrick (2012): No. 17 overall
- LB Dont’a Hightower (2012): No. 25 overall
- CB Dee Milliner (2013): No. 9 overall
- OG Chance Warmack (2013): No. 10 overall
- OT D.J. Fluker (2013): No. 11 overall
- LB C.J. Mosley (2014): No. 17 overall
- S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (2014): No. 20 overall
- WR Amari Cooper (2015): No. 4 overall