Alabama’s front seven is probably the best in the country, but no one could have predicted it would sack Dak Prescott nine times on Saturday.
The Mississippi State quarterback had never gone down more than three times in a game until the Tide’s 31-6 demolition. ‘Bama had a pair of sacks on the first drive, and proceeded to punish Prescott throughout the evening.
Still, the numbers hadn’t quite added up in linebacker Ryan Anderson’s head until he was asked about it after the game.
“We had nine today?” he asked, according to AL.com’s Matt Zenitz. “Aw, s***.”
That number was Alabama’s highest since coach Nick Saban arrived in 2007, according to AL.com‘s John Talty.
Alabama returns home to host Charleston Southern this Saturday before heading to Auburn for the Iron Bowl on Nov. 28.
- Calvin Ridley breaks MSU defender’s ankles on 60-yard TD
- Nick Saban: Derrick Henry is “faster than he looks”
- Did Cam Robinson take a shot at LSU’s Leonard Fournette with Instagram post?
- Alabama defensive lineman Jonathan Allen sacks Dak Prescott three times, Nick Saban once
- Former LSU stars forced to wear Alabama gear after last weekend’s game