HOOVER, Ala. — The University of Alabama men’s basketball program announced its non-conference schedule for the upcoming 2017-18 season, which includes six opponents that played in last year’s NCAA or NIT Tournament.
Highlighting the early part of the season is a Dec. 10 trip to Tucson, Ariz., where Alabama will square off against Arizona, a popular preseason pick to potentially reach the Final Four. The Wildcats will play in Tuscaloosa next year as part of a home-and-home with athletic director Greg Byrne’s former school.
Coach Avery Johnson’s team will open the regular season against Memphis as part of the Veterans Classic, played at the U.S Naval Academy, on Nov. 10. The home opener will be four days later against Lipscomb.
Also of note:
Alabama will participate in the Barclays Center Classic in Brooklyn, N.Y., along with BYU, Minnesota and Massachusetts for two games over Thanksgiving weekend (Nov. 23-25).
The Crimson Tide will play two games elsewhere in the state, Mercer in the Rocket City Classic at Huntsville’s Von Braun Center on Dec. 19, and Texas in the Vulcan Classic at Birmingham’s Legacy Arena on Dec. 22.
For just the second time in its five-year history, Alabama will participate in the Big 12/SEC Challenge, hosting Oklahoma on Jan. 27.
Still to be announced are the SEC schedule and Alabama’s annual exhibition game prior to the start of the season. The Crimson Tide will open practice for its upcoming international trip to Canada later this month.
Date, Opponent, Location
- Nov. 10 , vs. Memphis, at Annapolis, Md.
- Nov. 14, Lipscomb, Coleman Coliseum
- Nov. 17, Alabama A&M, Coleman Coliseum
- Nov. 21, UT Arlington, Coleman Coliseum
- Nov. 23-25, at Barclays Center Classic, at Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Nov. 29, Louisiana Tech, Coleman Coliseum
- Dec. 3, UCF, Coleman Coliseum
- Dec. 6, Rhode Island, Coleman Coliseum
- Dec. 9, at Arizona, at Tucson, Ariz.
- Dec. 19, vs. Mercer, at Huntsville
- Dec. 22, Clemson, at Birmingham
- Jan. 27,Oklahoma, Coleman Coliseum