Lane Kiffin and his wife Layla have decided to get a divorce, he told Fox Sports’ Bruce Feldman on Sunday.
“After a lot of careful thought and consideration, Layla and I have mutually decided to divorce,” Kiffin said. “We are fully committed to our kids’ future being our No. 1 priority. We will maintain an amicable relationship with respect for each other as we raise these three wonderful children. We will have no further comments and appreciate respect for our family’s privacy.”
Kiffin is entering his third season as Alabama’s offensive play-caller. He and Layla have two daughters, Landry and Pressley, and a son, Monte Knox Kiffin. The family was seen celebrating on the field together after Kiffin helped the Crimson Tide capture its 16th national championship last month.
- Report: Alabama, Nick Saban losing staffer to Southern Cal
- The Crimson Tide received excellent news from an elite Texas recruit
- Former DB Cyrus Jones picks a favorite in Alabama’s 2016 QB battle
- Jones also shares what he thinks next year’s team needs to repeat
- Alabama’s fourth date with Barack Obama has been set