Alabama is officially in the College Football Playoff after winning 10 straight games.
The Playoff committee placed the Crimson Tide at No. 2 in their final rankings Sunday afternoon, alongside Clemson (No. 1), Michigan State (No. 3) and Oklahoma (No. 4).
Alabama and Michigan State will face off in the Cotton Bowl on New Year’s Eve.
Nick Saban’s Crimson Tide team was a long shot in September after losing to Ole Miss at home. But a dominant winning streak — and some 4th-and-25 luck — gave them the West crown.
‘Bama finished its regular season with a 29-15 win over Florida in the SEC championship on Saturday.
- Alabama players react to SEC championship: “One ring down, one more to go”
- Alabama RB Derrick Henry in same conversation as “football heroes” after another huge game
- Numbers don’t lie: Alabama RB Derrick Henry’s 2015 season better than Herschel Walker’s, Bo Jackson’s best
- Alabama alumni react to SEC championship: “(Florida’s) sick now cuz they getting butt whoopin”
- Alabama report card: Slow start can’t ruin second straight SEC championship