TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama returned to the practice field on Tuesday to continue preparing for Texas A&M. The top-ranked Crimson Tide hosts the sixth-ranked Aggies on Saturday inside Bryant-Denny Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS.
What we saw
- Right guard Alphonse Taylor (concussion) participated in individual drills after not doing much on Monday. Taylor watched during group drills.
- With Taylor still out, Lester Cotton continued to work at right guard with the first-team offensive line. Cotton started in Taylor’s place last Saturday at Tennessee.
- Quarterback David Cornwell appeared to be limited. Cornwell did not participate when Alabama’s quarterbacks worked on dropbacks. He tossed the ball around with a staff member. Cornwell did throw to the receivers when the two groups came together.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban is always fired up. But Saban was even more animated when working with the secondary on Tuesday. Saban made every one of the defensive backs go through a tackling drill again when he didn’t think they were doing it right. At one point, Saban yelled, “You haven’t done sh*t right all day,” to the defensive backs. This is a big week for Alabama’s secondary so Saban is demanding even more attention to detail.
- Alabama’s secondary worked on its dime package. The first group had Marlon Humphrey and Anthony Averett on the corners. Minkah Fitzpatrick lined up at star (fifth defensive back) with Ronnie Harrison at money (sixth defensive back). Eddie Jackson and Laurence “Hootie” Jones were the safeties. Reuben Foster was the lone inside linebacker. Shaun Dion Hamilton shadowed Foster.
- Xavian Marks wore No. 3 to simulate Texas A&M wide receiver Christian Kirk. Kirk has 352 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns on the season.
- Derrick Gore wore No. 5 to simulate Texas A&M running back Trayveon Williams. Williams has rushed for 704 yards and 5 touchdowns on the season.
- A scout from the Philadelphia Eagles watched practice.
WATCH: Player interviews
Alabama linebacker Ryan Anderson
Alabama tight end O.J. Howard
Other news you need to know
He said what? (quote of the day)
“When I get up everyday, I look forward to coming here and seeing my teammates, man. When we get a break or something — everybody is ready to get a break — but after I’m home or I don’t see them for two or three days, I miss ’em, man. We all be ready to get back.” — Alabama linebacker Ryan Anderson on the team’s chemistry