TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — No. 1 Alabama returned to practice Wednesday to continue preparing for No. 9 Tennessee. The Crimson Tide travel to Knoxville, Tenn., on Saturday for a date with the Volunteers. Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS.
What we saw
- Linebacker Reuben Foster (concussion) returned to practice on Wednesday after not being spotted during the media viewing period on Tuesday. Foster still wore a black, non-contact jersey. He participated in all of the individual and team drills. All signs point to Foster being able to play on Saturday at Tennessee.
- With Foster back, Rashaan Evans spent time with the outside linebackers when Alabama worked on its nickel package. Foster and Shaun Dion Hamilton were the inside linebackers in nickel with the first-team defense.
- Keith Holcombe and freshman Lyndell “Mack” Wilson were the inside linebackers with the second nickel group.
- Right guard Alphonse Taylor (concussion) was not spotted during the media viewing period. Taylor was also missing during the viewing period on Tuesday.
- With Taylor out, Lester Cotton continued to work at right guard with the first-team offensive line. Cotton has started two games this season so he’ll be ready if needed.
- Running back Damien Harris wore a splint on his right hamstring again on Wednesday. Harris participated in drills, but freshman Joshua Jacobs appeared to be getting more reps during group drills.
- Wide receiver Calvin Ridley and tight end O.J. Howard participated in more drills on Wednesday. Both were a little limited on Tuesday, but that was likely precautionary so they don’t go overworked.