TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama returned to the practice field on Monday to begin preparing for Texas A&M. The top-ranked Crimson Tide host the sixth-ranked Aggies on Saturday inside Bryant-Denny Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS.
What we saw
- Right guard Alphonse Taylor (concussion) was spotted on the field but did not participate in any drills. Taylor wore a regular white jersey after wearing a black jersey all last week.
- Lester Cotton continued to work at right guard with the first-team offense. Cotton started last game at Tennessee. He’s capable of filling in again if Taylor can’t go.
- Freshman linebacker Lyndell “Mack” Wilson is wearing a soft cast/club on his right hand. He showed no signs of being limited.
- Linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton is playing and practicing with heavy padding on his left elbow.
- Wide receiver Raheem Falkins was back at practice after not being spotted much last week. Falkins appeared to be limited again.
WATCH: Player interviews
Alabama linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton
Alabama defensive end Dalvin Tomlinson
Other news you need to know
- WATCH: Nick Saban’s Monday news conference
- Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts, right tackle Jonah Williams receive weekly SEC honors
- Alabama’s coaching staff recognized 10 players for their performances after the Tennessee win
- Alabama coach Nick Saban provides injury update for right guard Alphonse Taylor
- Off the Marq: Analyzing Alabama’s win over Tennessee, looking ahead to Texas A&M
He said what? (quote of the day)
“Yeah, I like playing fastball when we have the ball. Like you like playing the fast break when you’ve got the ball. You don’t like it when they’ve got you 3-on-2 and you’re the guy backing up trying to defend it.” — Alabama coach Nick Saban on playing fast on offense vs. defending up-tempo offenses.