TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama returned to the practice field on Wednesday to continue preparing for Texas A&M. The top-ranked Crimson Tide hosts the sixth-ranked Aggies on Saturday inside Bryant-Denny Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS.
What we saw
- Right guard Alphonse Taylor (concussion) participated in individual drills, but did not do anything during team drills. Taylor didn’t work with the first- or second-team offensive lines.
- With Taylor still out, Lester Cotton worked at right guard with the first-team offensive line. Barring something unforeseen, it looks like Cotton may get his fourth start of the season.
- With Cotton in the first group, J.C. Hassenauer lined up at right guard with the second group. The rest of the unit had Korren Kirven at right tackle, Joshua Casher at center, Dallas Warmack at left guard and Matt Womack at left tackle.
- Quarterback David Cornwell (foot) appeared to be limited for the second straight day. Cornwell did not participate in any dropbacks. He did throw to the receivers when the two groups worked together.
- Defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick is practicing with a splint on his left hamstring.
- ESPN cameras and personality Tom Rinaldi watched practice. ESPN’s College GameDay is going to be in town on Saturday so Rinaldi was likely working on his feature story.
- Outside linebacker Mekhi Brown is wearing No. 15 to simulate Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett.
- Defensive lineman Johnny Dwight is wearing No. 88 to simulate Texas A&M defensive lineman Kingsley Keke.
- Defensive lineman O.J. Smith is wearing No. 5 to simulate Texas A&M defensive lineman Daylon Mack.
- Linebacker Ben Davis is wearing No. 33 to simulate Texas A&M linebacker Shaan Washington.
- Linebacker Joshua McMillon is wearing No. 7 to simulate Texas A&M linebacker Richard Moore.