TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — No. 1 Alabama returned to the practice field Wednesday to continue preparing for No. 16 Arkansas. The Crimson Tide travels to Fayetteville, Ark., on Saturday for a date with the Razorbacks. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on ESPN.
What we saw
- Freshman wide receiver Trevon Diggs was back at practice on Wednesday. Diggs was not spotted during the media viewing period on Tuesday. Diggs showed no signs of being limited, but he was wearing a brace on his left knee for the first time. Diggs was able to run routes and cut like normal during the viewing period.
- Linebacker Ryan Anderson, who was limited on Tuesday, was a full participant during the viewing period on Wednesday. Anderson went through individual drills and showed no signs of being limited.
- There was a little movement on the first-team offensive line. Alphonse Taylor and Lester Cotton rotated in at right guard with the first group during the viewing period. Look for Taylor to get the start, but the competition is an interesting one to watch going forward.
- Wide receiver ArDarius Stewart (knee) and running back Damien Harris (ankle) were full participants during the media period on Wednesday. Both should be at full strength on Saturday.
- Wide receiver Raheem Falkins appeared to be limited. Falkins has dealt with injuries for much of his career.
- Tight end Miller Forristall spent time with the wide receivers again on Wednesday. Forristall has gotten a lot of playing time as a true freshman.
- Alabama worked on its dime defensive package during the viewing period. It’ll be interesting to see how much the Tide has to use that set against Arkansas’ offense.