Alabama won the national championship again this season, as the program is currently on an incredible run of success. In fact, it’s among the greatest in not just college football history, but in all of sports.
But how exactly does this run by the Crimson Tide compare to some of the other all-time great dynasties?
Well, Sporting News decided to create a list of the Top 15 greatest dynasties in sports history, and Alabama’s current one made the list. The Crimson Tide (2007-present) came in at No. 9.
Alabama has won five national championships in the past five seasons, while also making the College Football Playoff each of the past four seasons. Since the start of 2007, the Tide have a 132-20 record.
During this incredible run, Alabama has also won five SEC championships, as head coach Nick Saban has continually guided the program to success.
The Crimson Tide are the only college football program to make Sporting News’ list.
Here is the full list, courtesy of Sporting News:
- Chicago Bulls (1991-98)
- UCLA basketball (1964-75)
- Boston Celtics (1956-69)
- New England Patriots (2001-present)
- New York Yankees (1949-56)
- New York Yankees (1996-2003)
- UConn basketball (1994-present)
- Montreal Canadiens (1952-60)
- Alabama football (2007-present)
- Edmonton Oilers (1982-90)
- San Francisco 49ers (1981-94)
- Los Angeles Lakers (1979-91)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (1972-79)
- Green Bay Packers (1960-67)
- Duke basketball (1985-94)